Welcome to Richmond Naturally

I created Richmond Naturally to be a launching point for my personal views on Ecologically sound living and personal identificiation and exploration of the green culture in Richmond, Virginia.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rain rain go away come again another day...



"My house" has been belted with wind gusts and rain since yesterday. Last night and today the winds and rain have exploded. Frankly it's very cool to have this kind wind and rain. Several times my power went out, then powered back up again for a few minutes, then flicker. I would imagine a substation some place was effected by blowing branches or downed trees. This is the first storm of its kind to hit central Virginia since hurricane Gaston in 2004. That was a humdinger for our neck of the woods.

Right now at quarter to 3, I am enjoying the floor show outside the kitchen french doors. There is a field behind the back yard where I have been watching wind, rain, flying leaves, bending trees, and the occasional flying branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment