Welcome to Richmond Naturally

I created Richmond Naturally to be a launching point for my personal views on Ecologically sound living and personal identificiation and exploration of the green culture in Richmond, Virginia.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Begin a fresh




I am an experienced blogger that has fallen by the wayside of blogging life. For a good two years plus I was a Yahoo360 member, and enjoyed the experience of writing stories, posting photos of what ever adventure I was on, and generally putting myself “out there,” in a creative framework. Then of course, like many good things Yahoo360 went belly-up. Several other sites stepped up to fill the void, but none of them could. Once I was used to being able to post stories, photos, video clips, and links in one formatting it was hard to adjust to another. I am sure there are some among us who feel the same way. Many of my online followers jumped ship early and others have been lost in the process. I communicate with not a one of them. Which in retrospect doesn’t matter a lick, except I miss the interaction and the intellectual curiosity that comes from folks actually reading what you write. It is for this reason why I have been fallow for several years now. Without an audience their isn’t a reason to write, except for myself.

The focus therefore now is to begin a fresh.

3 comments:

  1. there was something special about 360, and i have had some awesome meet-ups with folks from the Caribbean, Japan, and the USA due to my account there.
    now that it is closed many of those people stopped writing all together, even though they maintain pages here and there.
    i think as we begin to reconnect with eachother, many of us will begin to qwrite again.
    glad to have reconnected with you!~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you too have been a blogger on 360. I have enjoyed reading some of your blogs on B already. I am happy to hear that you have been able to maintain some contacts thru the transition.

    Do you do winter kayaking, I think that you must. I think also that in the excitement of knowing another kayaker and thinking also that you were local, I asked you if your mushroom foray was a local one. I see now that it was local to you, but not to me in Central VA. Your an ORAGONIAN?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i am a temaronian
    or sumpin like that!
    i lived in chicago for 19 years, then in oregon for another 19 then the Caribean for 7. i am in orugyn now but plan on going back home soon.
    these cold temps & lack of jobs are a bummer!

    ReplyDelete